[2002] SPUNK - Den Øverste Toppen På En Blåmalt Flaggstang


Spunk is an all-women jazz quartet from Norway, this being their second album, also released under the experimental/jazz label Rune Grammofon. Unlike most free jazz ensembles, Spunk employs vocal experimentation in an extensive way, going as far as becoming the main instrument in most of the songs. It's ensured to sound bizarre at a first listen, given as all of their output so far is quite abstract, but Den Øverste Toppen På En Blåmalt Flaggstang is one of their most accessible material, in which silence doesn't have as much predominance as Det Eneste Jeg Vet Er At Det Ikke Er En Støvsuger, or Kantarell (which I consider one of my top 20 albums of 2009), the latter being shorter and more spastic than the rest.
I have a somewhat curious history with Spunk, seeing as they were the first "out there" band I ever listened to, which in turn made me more interested in Rune Grammofon releases and a variety of genres I got into much later.

Download it here: [V2][V0] Updated!


Buy it directly from Rune Grammofon here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment